Dusty Roads

July 28, 2013


Dusty Roads

Ever since you were little,
I was there while you slept,
And I watched over you as the sun rose,
Above the horizon

And I made a decision a long time ago,
When my feet were heavy,
And the road was dusty,
To go to Jerusalem

My back hurt in the morning,
When I woke up from sleeping on the ground,
And my eyes were tired,
As people started coming to see me,
From all around….almost every day.

But I made a decision,
Every step of the way,
To go to Jerusalem
For the world, for those that would love me,
For those who would never, ever love me.
I went for them –
And I went for you.

Oh I know all about you….
Since you were little;
I’ve made sure that you were taken care of.
And when you were unaware,
When you worried, I was there,
Always doing more for you then you realized.

And before you were born I made a decision,
In the garden,
During the trial,
In front of Pilate,

On the way up the hill to Calvary,
Each step, every breath, every moment,
I made a decision…..
To give my life for you.

I know you’ve been troubled at times,
And lonely, afraid, and discouraged sometimes.

But if you never give your heart to me,
Or give anything to me,
I want you to know that I made my decision,
Gave my word,
Kept my promises,
And chose to risk everything for you.

When you woke up this morning,
I was there.
and I made my decision long ago,
…..I will always be there for you.

I know you don’t always agree with me.
I know sometimes I make you angry,
And confused.
But I want to be your Lord and your friend.
I bought you with my own life.

……Not so I could hurt you or desert you,
But so that someday,
When the dusty roads and the tears are all gone,
We can be together forever……

By Randy Stahla
www.DesertSnow.org

No comments:

Post a Comment