New York City!

Sep 1, 2006
Current mood:distressed

The Big Apple


New York City!! It's the first time, the last time and probably the shortest amount of time that anyone has actually arrived  and left within 45 minutes.  

I'm not a city girl!!

We left on the 11:00 train out of New Haven, Connecticut. (and now I know why it's called a Haven) to arrive at Grand Central Station at 1:00. Took a taxi to the New Yorker Hotel across from Penn Station in some type of square, ie: Madison, Time, who knows..... Got up to our postage stamp sized hotel room where the door hit the bed when I opened it and then I had to crawl over the corner of the bed to get to the bathroom because the dresser took up the rest of the room. We were there 10 minutes, back down the elevator, out the front door, in the taxi, back to Grand Central and on the 2:20 train back to the Haven and to the peacefulness of Guillford by 4:27!! No Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, no Statue of Liberty, no Twin Towers, no stroll in Central Park.

I don't like New York, except in photographs......even after a valium,  a Mike's Hard Lemonade, some much needed red wine, my soul was still not settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment